Welwyn Garden City United Reformed Church is committed to protecting the privacy of its online users. Welwyn Garden City United Reformed Church is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 (registration number Z1227524). Compliance with this Act underlies all of our personal information privacy practices. Accordingly, at this site, we do not collect personally identifying information from users unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly.
Information that we collect about visitors to our website is used as follows:
- To enable us to provide the service you request
- To keep you informed of our other services
- We will keep visitors’ contact details for as long as we have their consent to send them marketing information.
- We will not disclose visitors’ personal information to third parties unless in the unlikely event that we are required to do so by court order or other legal requirement.
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard visitors’ information through secure business processes.
The type of information we collect about site visitors is described below:
- When you visit our site, your browser automatically sends us an IP (Internet Protocol) address and certain other information (including the type of browser you use). We may use this IP address and other information to give you access to the site and otherwise administer the site. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.
- When you view this website by linking from another web page or by using a search engine we may store the name of that web page or search engine and search terms for the purposes of internal administration and analysis.
- You also should be aware that we collect certain usage information about our site, such as the number and frequency of visitors to certain parts of the site.
- In certain parts of the site, we may ask you to provide us with personally identifying information such as your name or other information so that we can provide you with information you request. You are under no obligation to provide us with this information, but without it, we may not be able to provide you with the information you request.
- The site also includes certain features that allow you to communicate with us by electronic mail or otherwise. If you choose to use our "Contact Us" feature, your e-mail address and other information we may deem necessary are required in order for us to reply to your electronic mail message. You are responsible, if you choose to use these communication features, for providing personally identifying information to us with your e-mail message (such as your name or telephone number). When you provide any personally identifying information to us, you communicate that you are knowingly and voluntarily providing us with the information. We may respond to the e-mail messages you send us and use such information for any other business purpose of Welwyn Garden City United Reformed Church.
- This Web site may include links to other sites. Welwyn Garden City United Reformed Church is not responsible for the content or reliability of other web sites to which we link. The inclusion of a link should not be taken as an endorsement of the site. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked sites.
If you would like to contact us with your ideas about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, please contact us.